Gated, or live amongst the locals?
The gated or private community is the one type of property that some buyers new to the area tend to dismiss right off the bat. They proclaim that they want to live in town or out in the countryside…among and like the locals.
Yet the vast majority of buyers find that once on the ground, they want the security, serenity, social network, and amenities offered by a true gated or private community setting. And it’s worth taking a minute to understand why.
First of all, Vista Pacifica offers an enhanced degree of security for properties that are often left unattended, with owners who only use them for part of the year. Here, you can have a truly “lock and leave” home. Besides typical security concerns regarding break-ins or vandalism, there’s also the peace of mind of knowing that someone will be around to deal with burst water pipes or to take delivery of a piece of furniture while you’re away. The added security of full time guarded-and-gated entry and patrols are something that all resident come to appreciate, as well.
In most of Latin America, US-style zoning simply doesn’t exist. If you don’t want an all-night bar opening next door to your dream home, your neighbor’s new front yard car repair business ruining your tranquility, or a new owner building a shack and chicken coop in the vacant lot next door, you should consider a private community. Living like a local, you’ll have to try legal remedies to fix those problems…and often, you’ll find you have no legal right to complain.
Private communities, like Vista Pacifica, also offer a ready-made social network, with friends and dinner companions close at hand. You’re not restricted to fellow expats either; locals appreciate the benefits of private communities, too.
Many believe that the Homeowners Association fees make for a high cost of ownership. But in reality, the money spent on HOA fees can be less than you’d spend on maintenance for a stand-alone property, where you’ll have to hire a caretaker, especially when you factor in the extras, such as a pool or gym memberships, along with the high cost of bringing in roads, and building and/or maintaining infrastructure. Vista Pacifica’s management team upholds a high standard of excellence for landscaping and maintenance by offering a serene, stress-free setting to be enjoyed by all that live or visit Vista Pacifica. So many expats, once they actually get their feet on the ground, decide that a private community suits their lifestyle best…especially part-time residents.
Within Vista Pacifica you can choose to be as pampered as you want, or do most everything yourself. We offer many ala carte services such as:
- Landscape maintenance, if you don’t want to deal with tending to yard duties…
- Domestic Help assistance, we will help you choose the right domestic for your needs, whether full or part time, from our network.
- Complete exterior home maintenance plan, to take care of the scheduled upkeep that any home will require.
- Rental Management services, to include listing your home within our network of realtors and services related to rentals worldwide, procuring a suitable short or longer term tenant, collecting rents, handling all service items, record keeping, post cleaning services.
- Homeowner “get ready” service (to include, cleaning, bed making and basic grocery shopping for your return to your home in Vista Pacifica).These are but a few of the many advantages Vista Pacifica offers its residents over other communities.